Thursday, December 21, 2006

Photographing Yarn

Lately I have been a little frustrated trying to get accurate pictures showing the true colors in my yarn. On days when it is cloudy or I can't take pictures till after dark the results are especially horrible. I think I've solved that problem.
Yarn & Hat Mosaic
The pictures above were all taken with the same point and shoot camera and the same lighting with different backgrounds in my new Light Box.
The one I got is similar to this one, but I got it on sale for $35. (You can also build your own by making a pvc pipe frame, draping a sheet over it, and aiming two halogen desk lamps at it with color neutral bulbs.)
I think the blue is best for the yarn and the gray is best for the hat. I'm going to have fun playing with this thing.

No comments: