Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weaving Camp Pictures


My Work Area
Originally uploaded by Elabeth.

Click here to see a slideshow of pics from my week at weaving camp.

I had a really good time and met a lot of nice people. I also got a killer deal on a warping mill (the 22 yard tabletop model shown here) for just $35.

I'm already thinking I'll go back next summer to learn the rug stuff that half of the class was doing if they offer it again unless I get impatient and teach myself before then. haha

To keep my monentum going I've already planned three projects for the loom down at the store, and tonight I got myself a clip-on lamp for the loom area so that I'll be able to see what I'm doing. First up is a balanced twill scarf/stole thing using Tofutsies yarn for the warp and the weft. After that I've got weft yarn already dyed for two more scarves and the calculations done for three others. I'm afraid I'm going to need an 8-harness loom before too long. I keep finding really badass 8-harness drafts.

On Friday night I'm going to Fiber Xmas In July at the fairgrounds in Kellyville, OK. I'm hoping to get some more weaving shuttles and bobbins etc. and maybe some yarn, but mostly I'm just going to hang out and say hey to the Oklahoma ladies I don't get to see too often.

No comments: