Thursday, March 01, 2007

I'm A Joiner

Project 365 - Photo #60
This is my Faux Fair Isle Raglan from a pattern in Spin To Knit by Shannon Okey. I've had my eye on this pattern since I got the book, and I kept thinking I'd make one someday after I finish up some of these other half-done things I have going. Then Nikol made a super cute one in like two days, I saw another one on someone else's flickr, and I couldn't stand putting it off any longer.
The colorful yarn is handspun from a brown sheep mill end roving and a handpainted merino roving I bought somehwere. It was the first yarn I spun on my Louet Victoria. The black is Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride. I already love this sweater. If it ends up not fitting like I want it to I can use it as a shop sample for the store since I'll have lots of Lamb's Pride and spinning supplies.
Speaking of the store, things are going pretty much on schedule. I've heard back from most of the companies I contacted. Now comes the hard part where I have to decide what to get and what to wait on for later or not get at all. I also need to pay down a few credit cards in preparation for going to the bank to get my home equity loan on the rent house. I have to wait until after our taxes are done for that, and it's KILLING ME. Now that the store plans are so specific I'm the most impatient girl ever. haha It doesn't help my patience to have yarn reps calling almost every day to check in with me and see how it's going. I appreciate them being so on top of stuff, but I scream inside just a little bit every time I have to hang up without placing an order.
Oh well, It's the first of the month and all the yarn/fiber clubs I joined are sending out the goodies so that has cheered me up quite a bit. I got this awesomeness from Scout's Indie Swag Club last week -
SWAG!
& today my PO box held this from the Spunky Eclectic Fiber Of The Month Club -
Spunky Eclectic Fiber Of The Month Club
I expect a Blue Moon Rockin Sock Club package any day now. Hopefully all this stuff will give me something to do with my nervous energy while I wait for the accountant to finish the damn taxes. :)

No comments: