Monday, March 05, 2007

New Store Blog

This weekend I bought a domain and made a new blog for the store. The site is super boring right now, but hopefully I'll have time in thenear future to jazz it up a little. You can go check it out at http://stringtownyarn.com/ if you're interested. Local people, leave me some comments over there so I don't feel like I'm talking to the wind.
I still plan to do my personal blogging over here, and I haven't linked to it from there yet because I haven't decided whether I want to or not. In case you haven't noticed, I kind of have a potty mouth on occasion over here. I need to work on breaking myself of that habit when I speak because I have to be all retail-friendly again. 10+ years of working in a factory has contributed to my bluntness and bad language in a big way. I don't want to go running people off when the store opens because I talk like a teamster. I know some of the people won't care, but probably just as many would freak out never to return.
The blog over there is more for stuff like pictures of the store as we get it set up, pictures of the yarn & fiber as it arrives, and then once we're open it'll have pictures of new stuff as we get it in, sale announcements, class schedules, finished objects from local knitters, and then eventually there will be an online store too.

No comments: