Yes, I fell for it again. I sat out the last couple of rounds, but here I am back for more. I think there is still time to sign up over at the SP10 Blog if you'd like to get in on the action.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Right now I'm LOVING Plymouth Boku. The stripey goodness is very much like Noro yarns, but this stuff is MUCH softer and has none of that yard waste so often found in Noro yarns. I like pretty much everything as long as it isn't crazy fuzzy like a muppet pelt or scratchy like Red Heart.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have those hanging organizer things for straights and circs, and I have all the original packs for my DPN's but most of the needles have migrated all over the house right now. Some are in a vase on my desk, some are in a bin in the yarn room, and others are lost in project bags here and there around the house.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit a couple of months before I started this blog. I don't believe in those levels. They have no power over me. I knit whatever the hell I put my mind to, and so can you.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes. I do have an Amazon wishlist. I need to update it. I'm Elabeth over there too.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla and anything Karma from Lush.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a little sweet tooth. Anything dark chocolate or white chocolate is awesome.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Yes I spin, weave, crochet, needle felt, and I'm learning rug hooking. I also dye yarn and fiber. I can do anything if I have an instruction book or someone willing to teach me.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like a lot of different music, but I'm not obsessive about music in general. I listen to a lot of old punk crap, and lately to the Valley Girl soundtrack because that's what I have in the car.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
There aren't any colors I can't stand. I like everything. Go nuts.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my husband and my 14 year old son who is almost a foot taller than me and outweighs me by about 50lbs. They think it's funny to put things on the top shelf in the kitchen. It isn't. (I'm 5ft 3)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
No mittens or ponchos, but yes to scarves and hats.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
It depends on what I'm in the mood for. I don't generally like stuff with a lot of finishing involved.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Mostly a secret thing for another swap and a Plymouth Boku shop sample scarf for the future yarn store.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like straights for scarves, circs for sweaters and hats, dpn's for socks, and I don't care much what they're made of.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yep. I own a ball winder and three swifts cause I'm a goober like that.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I'm still working on a Dr. Who scarf I started about a week after I learned to knit.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really on purpose. I do have a lot of glass paperweights, skull themed things, and those old colored glass insulators from power lines.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm subscribed to everything, and I buy books I want pretty much right when they come out. I need more size 7 and 8 needles though. Those things keep going missing. Oh, I know..those sock dpn's that come in the fancy tins. I can't remember who makes them.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I pretty much run right out and learn stuff as I think of it. Actually finishing stuff would be a good technique to learn. haha
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. I don't know my foot measurements because I always do toe-up socks. I wear a women's size 7.5-8 or a men's size 6 shoe though.
23. When is your birthday?
August 22nd. I'll be 35! DAMN.