Sunday, August 21, 2005

Pictures!

Monday is my birthday so I headed up to Fayetteville on Saturday to take advantage of the LYS's birthday discount program. (You get a percentage equal to half your age off your purchase within ten days of your birthday. I got 16.5% off.)Here is what I got:
Ok, the most exciting thing first. I was looking at a little basket with some sheepy tape measures in it. The nice owner lady was doing some inventory things there behind the counter and said how cute she thought they were. I asked her if she had some kind of list she could put me on to hold a black one for me because I've always wanted one. She said no but she thought she had a full bag down there under the desk somewhere that still had it's black sheep.

So, white sheepy has a new friend!
I also got some yarn. I got this super pretty Toasty Toes handpainted sock yarn:

(Colors there are pretty well true.) I also splurged on some Touch Me to make the vintage velvet scarf from Scarf Style. The pattern calls for 5 balls, but I'm going to use 3 and then decide if I need it longer than that or not. I'm pretty short, so I may be able to get away with a shorter scarf.

ahhhhh sooooo sooooooooft!
My Secret Pal once asked about my gnome collection. Besides Angus McYarn, I have three other gnomes that live around my house and yard. They don't have names.

I got the flirty guyon the left at the Highway 64 yard sale this year, the middle one came from Wal-Mart, and the guy with the shovel on the right came from Big Lots. He sits in the house next to my tv.
WIP Pics!
I got a lot of work done on my green sock Saturday. We got a flat tire on my friend Julia's van, so we ended up sitting around for 3 hours waiting to get a new tire. It went from this:

to this:

I'm still working on the second pink sock:

and on the Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole...here is the progress so far:

Someone asked what the back side of entrelac looked like so here is a closeup of it:

I have some other stuff to talk about this week, but I'll save it for tomorrow. I'm getting sleepy and I have to get up early. Nighty night!

No comments: