Thursday, December 08, 2005

Random Pictures

These are some business cards I made up to hand out to people who might want to come to my local Stitch N Bitch. I have my contact info and the yahoo group address on the back. So far I don't think anyone who has been given a card has actually shown up more than once, but we do try.

We also hide these in knitting books at the local library.

This is some yarn I got at Hobby Lobby to make a drop stitch scarf with for my Niece for Xmas. You can see a bit of the scarf there in the pic, but I don't want to spoil it in case her Mom happens to see the blog.

It's a kind of frayed ribbon yarn and I really like how it looks. I wish Hobby Lobby's Yarn Bee brand would have something other than novelty yarns though. What they do have is nice for what it is, but there could be a little more variety.

OK this thing is the deal. I hate those crappy red plastic Ka-Cha, Ka-Cha row counters. They have no style, and they have no handle/loop with which I can tether them to anythhing. I loose those things constantly. I think I've bought three or four of them. Well, THIS thing I WILL NOT lose. It has a little weight to it. It has a loop I can tie it up with, and It's SHINEY. It's cheaper than the ugly plastic ones too.

It's called a "Tally Counter" and can be found at several different sporting goods and office supply places. I got this one on ebay for about $4.
I can't take credit for this idea. Angie that I go to SNB with had one and it made me drool so I had to get my own.

That's all I have to show you today. I'm off to watch Project Runway on the tivo.

No comments: