Saturday, July 09, 2005

Weirdness
OK, first up is the crazy crochet poodle. I have no idea who made this thing or more importantly WHY anyone would make this thing. It seems to be vintage early-mid 1980's judging by the style of 2-liter bottle cap it has and the yarn it is made of. I think it's "Dazzle" which was this funky acrylic yarn with sparkles that my Mom used to use for various early 80's crochet projects.
My friend Candy bought it from a local thrift store to be our SNB mascot. She cut a hole in the poodle's 2-liter bottle so we can fill it with prizes and trade it around as a sort of doorprize every week or two. I need to find some stuff to stuff it with so it can go to someone else on Wednesday.
OK, so here it is in all it's glory:

Here is it's creepy and oddly expressive head:


Spinning
Hey! Look who turned up!

It's Angus McYarn! He's holding up my first attempt at Navajo Plying. This fiber was a sample wool/silk blend I picked up in Bentonville when I got my Bobbins. I wasn't thinking about doing this with it when I spun it so it is kind of thick and thin. That means after plying it this way it is running worsted to super dooper chunky:

There are less than 20 yards probably. I have no idea what I'll end up doing with it, but it was nice to learn on.

Knitting
I decided to frog the seed stitch noro scarf that has been hanging around unfinished since about this time last year. It was originally intended for Ian's Dad, but since he recently moved to San Antonio I don't think he'll be needing it. haha
The yarn I was using for the scarf is going to end up part of the recently started Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole from the Scarf Style book. Here is my progress so far:

I don't think I will do the fringe the same way the pattern calls for. I feel like it is too wispy for the heaviness of the yarn I'm using. Maybe I'll do some kind of crochet border? I haven't decided yet.

No comments: