I usually just point to a previous version of the SP questioniare, but I think maybe some things have changed since I filled out the first one for SP4 back whenever that was, so I'm filling it out all brand new just for you new Secret Pal person. Don't you feel special? Everyone else can read it too in case they're curious or nosey or just bored. Here we go....
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I don't avoid Lion Brand, but I do try to avoid Red Heart because it's so scratchy it kills me. I also try to avoid anything scratchy like Reynolds Lopi..that shit is the devil.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? YES and YES I do.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store my circulars in their original package. They're mostly Addi Turbos. I store straight needles in a really nice hanging thingie and in an old flower pot. I store dpn's in a cloth zipper bag. I'm all set for needle storage, thanks.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting since roughly April of 2004? yeah..that sounds about right. I don't believe in skill levels. I'm not afraid to try anything so I don't worry about my skill level.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yep. I have an Amazon Wishlist.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Vanilla and Nag Champa incense and Karma from Lush. I like just about all the Lush products and the Philosophy stuff.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yep, I like chocolate and orange flavor candies of all types.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Man, if I have a book I can do anything. Lately I'm all about the gardening. We're starting a square foot garden in the yard this spring. I also sometimes paint and draw and do a little beading/jewelry making and sew a little and screen print and I own over 100 bowling pins that I'm trying to use up in various crafty ways. I'm also participating in a lot of mail art/postcard swaps lately.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like most music. Not too fond of hip-hop or rap or that lets all "sing" as though posessed by cookie monster from sesame street type stuff. haha Yep, I can play mp3's. I have an ipod shuffle and I'm not afraid to use it.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I wear a lot of blue, but I'm trying to get away from that because frankly, I'm starting to look smurfy. Black is always good, as are red and green and earth tones and purples and yeah...just anything. I don't look so hot in yellow though, so maybe not yellow.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with a husbeast, a 13 year old boy child, two cats, a 17 year old dog, and two hermit crabs.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves and hats. Not so much with the mittens or ponchos.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I like all the Noro yarns. Socks That Rock is my new sock yarn crush. Koigu KPPM is nice too. I also like just anything soft and pretty and everything I've gotten from Knitpicks has been awesome.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? The aforementioned Lopi, anything scratchy, and Fun Fur-ish novelty crap makes me want to stab my eyes out.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Lace patterns are getting a lot of attention lately, but I wouldn't say I'm obsessed. really..I can stop any time.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Hats. I like them cause they're fast and people seem to enjoy them. Socks are great too.
17. What are you knitting right now? hahahaha Just look at the last post to get the lowdown on that stuff.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Sure! Who doesn't?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Depends on the project.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Again, it depends on the yarn and the project.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yep. I have both.
22. How did you learn to knit? I learned from the internet. I'd bought several how to knit books over the years and always failed. I didn't know anyone who knew how to knit, and I'm a visual learner so I was screwed till I found videos online showing how to do each stitch. I freaked out that night and made a swatch with garter stitch, stockinette, ribbing, and some yarn over eyelets. Once it clicked it REALLY clicked and I was off.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? Probably that would be the Dr. Who Scarf I've started over a couple of times since I first learned to knit.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I like garden gnomes. I also like sheep and cats.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween!
26. Is there anything that you collect? I have a lot of gnomes and crystal ball type glass paperweights
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Vogue Knitting, Knit.1, Interweave Knits, and SpinOff.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? That stuff is all on the Amazon Wishlist I think.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I think needle felting sculpture is gonna be my next tangent.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yep. I wear women's size 7.5 - 8
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) August 22nd 1972