Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!

2005 Recap
I finished the following projects in 2005:
6 hats
2 scarves
3 shawls (2 knit, one crochet)
3 pair of socks
1 pair of baby booties
3 skeins of handspun yarn that is actually nice enough I'd use it.

2006 Goals
Finish at least 1 knitted or crocheted item per month.
Spin at least one good sized skein of yarn per month.
I think if I were to finish everything on my WIP list I could accomplish that.
This is the list as it stands today:
Klaralund - I really don't know why I haven't finished this thing. It basicly just needs blocked and seamed up.
Lacy Baby Blanket - It needs two more rows of the lace pattern, then the edging.
Irish Hiking Scarf - I just feel kind of ehhh about it now. I might rip it.
Wavy scarf - same thing...ehhh
Julia's Poncho - I hate the yarn and it's super boring. I'd burn it, but she claims to still want the thing.
Cheap Fab Throw - It got really big and hot to work on. I need to just bite the bullet and finish it. I will NEVER make another full size throw/afghan all in one big piece though.
Noro Ruffles Scarf - Almost done...this is my snb project, and that is about the only time I ever touch it. The Cashmerino Ruffles is getting frogged. I just looks limp and sad.
Dr. Who Scarf - I made some progress on this during the unfortunate illness I got for Xmas.
Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole - It's about half done and starting to be a pain in the butt to flip over so much.
V-Neck Raglan Sweater - I started this a few months ago, and it is up to where I need to try it on to see where to separate the arms. I really really want to get back to it, but other crap keeps getting in the way.
Clapotis - This was a secret project. I'm almost up to the straight rows and using cheapo black Caron Simply Soft. This will be a gift for someone at some point.
Charlotte's Web Shawl - I know I said I would never make one, but then the pattern was on sale and I figured it wouldn't take forever if I used fatter yarn so I did it. Noro Kureyon. It needs about three more double repeats of the pattern to be huge enough. (so 48 more long rows of knitting, plus the edging) This is what I've been working on since I got over the sick.

There are also two or three pair of socks that need finishing up, but I'm not counting those because you always need a sock going, right?

No comments: