Sunday, January 14, 2007

New Hat & Stinky Weather


Project 365 - Photo #14
Originally uploaded by Elabeth.

This is a new hat I made for my friend Patti's kids. She has 5 of them, and this is hat #2 so you'll be seeing 3 more eventually. It is also today's photo for my project 365. I've been doing better than I figured I would be after two weeks. Especially since the weather has sucked ass here lately so I've had to find a lot of stuff inside the house to take pictures of.
Tonight we are expecting some freezing rain and possibly sleet/snow. We're getting off easy compared to the people just a few miles west of here where they've had icy crap for the past three days with power outages and all that jazz. I'm hoping for nothing but slick bridges and overpasses in the morning so I can make it to work with as little fuss as possible. We'll see.
Oh, the pattern for the hat can be found in the book One Skein Wonders: 101 Yarn Shop Favorites. I used Wool Ease because it is a hat for a kid, and we all know how good kids are at taking care of their stuff. Plus, I wanted to make washing it easy in case it gets nasty somehow.

No comments: