Thursday, June 28, 2007

Look, I Finished Something!


Project 365 - Photo #158
Originally uploaded by Elabeth.

The Vine Lace Baby Hat from Knitting Daily done with some Yarn Bee yarn from the stash. I'm going to make another one from some of the store yarn and another bigger one for Teresa's daughter Rebecca. This one was supposed to be for her, but that girl has a newscaster head (haha) so the age-appropriate size didn't fit her.
Things are going pretty good at the store. Yesterday I taught a lady how to spin and there is one interested in buying a wheel coming in on Saturday. Now that I have everything tagged, I get to spin and work on my own projects in the afternoons once I'm done putting stuff away and ordering new stuff in the mornings. If it ever quits being rainy I'll take the big triangle loom down there.
There are almost so many people coming to the class on Tuesday and the Stitch N Bitch on Thursday that I need more chairs. I have 8 chairs and the couch right now. They've been full this week. I will pick up some folding chairs when I get tables for the basement maybe this weekend.
I did a crazy thing yesterday and ordered myself a new bike. My old bike is a frankenbike assembled by my 2nd husband, and it's OK but it is really heavy and a one-speed. I priced out the parts to turn it into a three-speed and new rims etc. to make it how I want it, and it came out close enough to the cost of a new bike that I gave in to the temptation and ordered myself a Trek Drift 3-speed from Scott's Bike Shop. Scott is super nice on the phone and I didn't get any of the snooty bike shop attitude I've gotten at a couple of other shops when I asked about cruiser bikes.
For some reason the other shops around here are so focused on their competitive, "serious" bike customers that everyone else is talked down to and pretty much made to feel shitty for even asking. (I felt like I went into a fancy, snooty yarn store and asked if they had any Red Heart.) Even though the bikes I was asking about were good brand names which they carried, and they totally could have helped me if they'd wanted to, they just blew me off. My old bike is basicly a stripped down Haro, and I couldn't even take it in for a tune-up without being openly laughed at. pffffft!
I'm really glad to have found a bike shop without the elitist attitude and shit-talking staff. So that's my plug for Scott's Bike Shop. If you live in the area and need any bike stuff, go see him.

No comments: