Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Freeform Mobius


Freeform Mobius
Originally uploaded by Elabeth.

Look, I finished something not for the store! This thing was started at TNNA back in June in a class I took from Cat Bhordi. Pretty much you cast on like you're gonna do a regular Mobius then start doing random short rows all over the place till it's however big you want it. This one is hella long cause I wanted it to loop around twice and be floofy, but you can do the same thing with something smaller if you want. I'm thinking it'd look great with a long color change yarn like Mini Mochi or something. I may try that theory out soon. I gave this one to my Mom. She likes it :)

I've been thinking about changing the name of this blog since it started as a knitting blog but has turned into a multi-crafting type crazy thing. I need a name for it because just listing out all the crafty goings on would be too long. We have knitting, crochet, spinning, felting, weaving, and now pottery stuff going on here. Eventually there may even be some quilting, painting, screen printing, and jewelry making going on here so it has to be something general. Let me know if you can think up something appropriate :)

No comments: