Friday, September 23, 2005

The Heartbreak Of Startitis

There is a reason you hardly ever see a finished object on this blog lately. I have contracted a case of Startitis. Yes, friends...Startitis: the inability to stop starting new knitting projects when you get tired of knitting the current ones. It happens to everyone at some point, and before you know it you're like me: over ten projects on the needles and more that you can't wait to start. They call to you at night from the yarn room. (or closet as your case may be) "Knit ME!!!" they say, "That thing you're knitting now is so old and boring! I'm new and different and fun!"
Here is what's on the needles now:
1) Klaralund waiting for seaming
2) Half done second pink sock
3) First Mom sock needing bound off (lost in a handbag somewhere...must search and rescue)
4) Half done second geek sock (also MIA in a handbacg or drawer somewhere)
5) Almost done first green sock
6) Julia's Poncho I quit working on when the weather got hot because it's fuzzy and sweat-inducing
7) Cheap-Fab throw I quit working on for the same reason
8) 30% or so done Ruffles Scarf in Pink Cashmerino
9) Half done Ruffles Scarf in Silk Garden 211
10) Top-Down V-Neck Raglan sweater almost to the sleeve separation point (I'm too lazy to put it on stitch holders and try it on to check)
11) Irish Hiking Scarf I tried to finish for someone for xmas last year. I failed to finish it in time and never touched it again...maybe I can finish it before xmas and give it to him this year?
12) The Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole...I'm on my 3rd or 4th ball of Kureyon and the entrelac is losing it's charm. zzzzz
13) Lacy baby blanket I just started for my niece-in-law (husband's much older sister's daughter) from a 1950's knitting pattern book we found while cleaning out the In-laws' house. The baby is due by c-section Nov. 3rd. I can so do this if I don't get distracted...but, we know how that goes.
14) I forgot this one and had to come back to add it. I started a green scarf with a pine tree looking pattern panel down the center a couple weeks ago. I can't decide if I hate it yet or not so I haven't frogged it, but I haven't worked on it again either. haha
15) I forgot this one too! There is a 35% done Wavy scarf (from knitty) hiding in the yarn room.
These are things I want to start like NOW, but I'm trying to control
the madness and not start any of them until I finish SOMETHING:
1) Corrugated Asymmetrical Pullover from Loop-D-Loop in the big size for me and the little size for my son's little sister. I also want to make the hat, but I can't think of anyone I'd be able to get to wear it. haha
2) I bought yarn for the Koigu Gypsy Shawl again. I used up all the original yarn I bought for it on socks and what-not. This time I'm going to try it in the black Baby Alpaca Silk that's on sale for $2.50 a skein at elann right now (Shut up, I so needed that yarn...you just don't know) I managed to blow up the horrible chart and made myself some notes so I think things will go much more smoothly this time around. I tell you it's gonna work!
3) There is a lacy baby sweater and a hat and booties in the 1950's pattern book that go with that blanket.
4) I have a skein of Treking XXL in color 100. It is trying to decide if it wants to be socks or a hat. I'll let you know when it tells me.
Let this post serve as a warning. Don't listen to those voices that tell you to start more stuff. Just tell them to sod off and go knit on your second sock. Trust me.

No comments: