Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor Day

Boy did we ever labor today!
I'm going to be glad to go to work tomorrow to get myself some rest. Today we had to get everything of any value out of the In-Law's house. someone tried to break into it last night so we figured it was a good time to get moving.
On the bright side, I have a good idea where I'm going to put all the things they've given us. One of those things is an awesome cedar chest with a "moth-free guarantee" letter inside the lid :) Hello, meet the future home of all my rovings which are currently in a closet in tied up trash bags. There will be pictures as soon as it's in place and everything is all cleaned up. Right now it's sitting in my garage with a bunch of other things.
There hasn't been a lot of knitting going on here since the moving/packing/cleaning started. I'm starting to work on some xmas scarves. Two ruffles scarves out of different yarns so far. I don't want to talk about them too much just in case the people I'm planning on giving them to read this.
I spent a lot of time today re-arranging my small dining area in the front room. It had a table and 4 chairs there that we never used for eating. We're slobs. We eat sitting on the couches or at the counter in the kitchen. We only need a table at Thanksgiving and Xmas and the one we use for then isn't that one. So now it has this little flowery rocking chair from the In-law's house, an ottoman, a little marble topped table, and a magazine rack full of magazines. The table has been pushed up against the opposite wall and will now be my crafty desk. The only concern I have is that taller people will try to walk over there and end up hitting their heads on the light fixture. It's hanging kind of low because it used to be over the table and I can't fix it myself because it has chains that need to be cut to resize it. Oh well..tall people need to stay out of my office/sitting area anyway. haha
Pictures and more actual knitting content to come soon.
Still no word on who my secret pal 5 was. :(
SP6 starts soon! YAY!

No comments: