Saturday, September 24, 2005

SP6 Loot and some WIP's

I got my first package from my new Secret Pal today, and boy was it a doozie!

I got a crazy orange plastic tote full of yarn!


It also had some nifty Halloween cards and some super nice fancy stitch markers.


Just look at all that yarny goodness! There are three balls of orange cotton ease, one of noro keruyon, one of "new wool", a skein of blue Sockotta, and three little skeins of recycled silk. That plastic tote really came in handy today too since it was raining like crazy when I went to the post office. (We got the remnants of hurricaine Rita)
Thanks Secret Pal!! That was awesome!

While I had the camera out I figured I'd show you guys some of those new things I started. Here is the Lacy Baby Blanket from the 50's knitting pattern book:

I know it looks kind of freaky and uneven, but I have it jammed up on 24" circulars and I was trying to stretch it out over a black chair so you could see it. The original pattern was written for fingering weight baby yarn. I'm using a heavy worsted Plymouth Encore Colorspun. The swatch I made for this washed up and evened out to look super nice so I'm just trying to trust the swatch. Of course right now I can't FIND the swatch so you'll have to just take my word for that...I think it was abducted by kitties.
Here is the Noro Silk Garden #211 Ruffles scarf:

Couldn't you just die with the awesomeness??? I love this thing.

No comments: