Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm Self-Employed!

Yesterday was my last day at the not so air conditioned air conditioner factory. YAY!It was pretty nice. All the guys said they'd miss me and I got a cake. (Chocolate cake with crushed strawberries in the middle and whipped cream type icing! YUM) Of course, every time one of them asked what I was going to do and I said "I'm opening a yarn store." I had to answer that same ::Man looks puzzled:: "Is there actually a market for THAT?" question. By the end of the day I was saying, "No, but I get to spend thousands of dollars on yarn!" So yeah, they all think I'm off my rocker, but I have faith that there are enough knitters & crocheters around here to support a real yarn store so Pthhhh! on those scoffing fellas.
I made these cards to hand out yesterday and to post places around town.
Stringtown Promo Cards
Today I met the electrician down at the storefront. He seemed surprised to see 15-foot ceilings even though I told them about that when I made the appointment. He only had a 10-foot ladder in the truck so he's going to have to come back Monday with an assistant and scaffolding. That's fine with me. I just want lights sometime before the store opens. haha I also met with the sales rep. from the cable company. Stringtown will have fabulous cable internet and a phone/fax number sometime next week.
I'm about to go down to the City Collections Office to put in the paperwork for the occupancy permit/business license. That should only take a couple of weeks to process so hopefully it'll be ready by the time I'm ready to open. My Sales Tax ID application has supposedly been processed and a number will be issued "today or maybe tomorrow, I don't know exactly." according to the lady in Little Rock I talked to today. Those people are slower than Christmas!!
So yeah, there is a lot going on and it's all round-about-yarn-related, but none of it is knitting or spinning or weaving. I'll be at Sweet Bay tonight working on the same old sample scarf I work on every Thursday.

No comments: