Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I Totally Caved To Peer Pressure

I ordered the Knitpicks Interchangable Needle set. Yeah, I'm a follower.
I've never used interchangable needles before - mostly because of all
the horror stories I've heard about them coming apart at the worst
possible time. Everyone in blogland seems to think these are the bee's
knees though, so I figured what the heck? I like how sharp they look,
and I like that the cables can be used as stitch holders so I wouldn't
have all these needles tied up in the "on hold" projects all the time.
Extra cables are a lot cheaper than extra needles.

One more repeat of leaves and I'm into the thistles on Summer In
Kansas. Whoo! I got two repeats done last night while watching an
awesome documentary about girl wrestlers from the 1930's to the
1960's. It was on Showtime. It's called "Lipstick & Dynamite, Piss &
Vinegar", and let me tell ya those were some sassy old broads!
As I watched, I did say a little prayer to please let me have the
presence of mind to realize I need to adjust my hairstyle and makeup
as I get older. Some of the gals were still trying to hang on to the
same style from their heyday and it looked sad, but ya know who's
gonna say something to them? haha They'd kick your ass.

No comments: