Monday, May 23, 2005

Secret Pal 5 Questionaire

I still haven't taken pictures of the sock or the shawl. I had a migraine today. That's my excuse. I'm stickin to it.
So to entertain you, here is my completed SP5 questionaire:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
It depends. In general I don't like anything too scratchy or too squeaky on the needles. Red Heart makes me wanna stab people, but so does Reynolds Lopi.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Yep. Yep.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I'm allergic to most Avon products. Really chemical-smelling perfumes make me go ewwww.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I've been knitting for about a year, and I've known how to crochet for 28 years.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yep, I have an Amazon Wishlist

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla and I also like Lush's "Karma"

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
yep. I like chocolate...mmmmmm

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I can do anything that I have an instruction book for. So far that includes plumbing, refinishing furniture/floors, tile, sewing a little, spinning, knitting, crochet, and other artsy fartsy things. I was an art major in college too.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like pretty much all music. Not crazy about Kenny G or Rap things or whatever. I mostly only listen to music in my car. I get stuck in a rut and listen to just The Velvet Underground for weeks. Right now I think there is a Kings Of Leon cd stuck in there.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
A lot of my clothes are black/gray/white/blue/green/brown. I'm trying to branch out and wear other colors though so pretty much anything but yellow is fine. Yellow makes me look extra pasty.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married for almost a year now. I live with my 12 year old son and Husband Boy, our two cats, (Miss Kitty Fantastico & Bungee) and three hermit crabs (Joe, Jumbo, & Bob)

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I dream of a day when I no longer get one or two serious migraine headaches per month

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I really like Noro yarns, and I got a sample of Rowan's new CashCotton that was awesome. Anything super soft or interesting colors or a neat texture or sock yarn is good.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Not a big fan of Mohair or anything scratchy.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I've been making socks, but really I'm too unfocused to have a particular knitting obsession. Evidence is right up there in the sidebar where it says WIP's haha

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like to make hats. They're super fast and people seem to enjoy getting them.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Mostly I'm working on Branching Out and some socks and trying to finish Klaralund during my Tuesday night SNB. I have a ton of other things I should also work on though.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Christmas Tree Skirt for your head...haha They're good for hiding under and stuff.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project. I like to do scarves on 10in straights. I like DPN's for socks, but for bigger, heavier things I like Addi Turbos.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like it all

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yep.

22. How did you learn to knit?
I tried for years to teach myself from how to knit booklets. Finally I saw a little video online and it just clicked. yay!

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About a year.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I like cats. I also like Gnomes.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween!

26. Is there anything that you collect?
crystal balls, and glass paperweights.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits & Vogue Knitting

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
They're all on the wishlist :)

No comments: