Saturday, April 01, 2006

I'm An April Fool

Here it is! Charlotte's Web done in Noro Kureyon instead of Koigu:
100_0879
I cut my head off because I'm wearing a do-rag and my hair needs dye something terrible. I swear I'm planning on doing that this evening. Want a close-up of the Charlotte goodness?
100_0880
Awesome, isn't it? I looooove this shawl! I might need another one someday.
EDIT: I used size 10.5 needles and either 3 or 4 skeins of yarn. I didn't keep track of how many skeins very well, but I just kept going until it was the pre-blocking size on the pattern and then used maybe another 1/4 - 1/2 skein on top of the 3-4 for fringe. So buy yourself 4 or 5 skeins if you plan on trying this at home.

So today is April 1st - Flash Your Stash Day. I had hoped to have the yarn room all organized by now, but my brain and all my spare time for the last two weeks has been eaten by Rollerderby so that room is still a huge mess. Here is the wall of stash in all it's messy glory:

Scary, no? I can't find anything in there anymore. That is just the yarn. That doesn't include the UFO bins or the fiber stash closet. I need to stop buying yarn and fiber for a while. If only so I can afford to get all the skate wheels and pads and a helment and stuff. I'm kind of afraid I'm going to suck at this skating thing, but at least it is giving me the motivation I needed to eat better and work out more.

I'm still waiting on my final Secret Pal package which contains the identity of my super secret pal. She lives in Canada, so those customs guys are holding my package for goodness knows how long. They need to give it up already. This time around I was the secret pal of Raellyn over at KY Ducky. I hope she liked her final package, and I hope she read the email I sent her letting her know who I am. I haven't heard from her in a while, so I also hope she's doing OK.
That's all I've got right now. I'm off to finish the laundary.

No comments: