Thursday, December 09, 2004

Early New Year Stuff

I've been thinking about new years resolution stuff already. I do this every year. Some years I get more done than others. In 2004 one of the things I wanted to do was to finally learn to knit. (I also wanted to plant a garden, but poor soil and squirrels conspired against me so I had to put that one off.) So here is a list of things (some knitting related, some not) that I want to accomplish in 2005:
* Learn to spin really good, even yarn
* Dye my own roving and yarn
* Plant that garden and defend it from the squirrels
* Complete at least one big lace knitting project
* Complete at least three sweaters
* Learn to sew somthing other than pillows and curtains
* Visit Colorado and climb a mountain (an easy one..I'm not insane)
* Get back in shape (probably a good idea to do before I try to climb a mountain)
* Get really good at knitting cables
* Knit some socks
* Clean up the giant pile of stuff in my room and don't let it get scary again
* Make some improvments to my yard
* Fix up and rent out my extra house (this one is really badly in need of doing)

Ok, that's all I can think of right now.
Scarf hell continues, but most of them are now at least 50% completed. YAY! The end is in sight.

No comments: