Monday, April 25, 2005

Hooker!

Hold on to your hats boys and girls.
I didn't knit all weekend.
Not once.
Not even a little bit.

I CROCHETED...a lot.

I finally found a yarn that wasn't a pain in the butt to work with to make the StitchDiva Celebrity Shawl. Silly me, I bought the pattern a while back thinking I could use that black chenille in the stash. No way did that work, and I haven't felt like messing with it again the last couple of months. Saturday I suddenly felt like it so off to Hobby Lobby I went for the proper materials. I got TLC Amore' which was one of the recomended yarns on the pattern. I have no idea how many yards are in a skein of TLC Amore' since the bastards only put the weight (6 oz) on the label so I got 3, and I hope it is enough. It's a dark moss green, but as the shawl works up I've been thinking I might want another one in the varigated blue/purple/pink.
I started Saturday evening around 5, and as of last night I was on the fourth or fifth row. The first two rows take FOREVER and the shawl has already suffered two cat attacks/ theft attempts. The pattern itself is pretty simple once I figured out I didn't have to chain 6 to start every cluster. This is the first Crochet pattern I've ever really tried to follow even though I've known how to crochet since I was 5. (I usually get all confused and then just make something up myself to look like the picture.) I'm pretty happy with how it looks. Its gonna be huge! I'll take some pictures tonight so you can see what I'm talking about.
Bitterness
I am not going to Maryland Sheep & Wool.
I am not going to Rhinebeck.
I am not even going to the Estes Park Wool Market.
I get no vacation days until after June 24th, and I live too far from everything.
Maybe next year...
Happier Stuff
I AM going to Austin the weekend of June 25-26th via train to attend Rollerderby. That is 30 total hours of on-board the train knitting time right there people.
I AM going to Colorado the first week of August so hopefully I'll get to visit some nifty yarn stores along the way.
The weekend of October 15-16th I will be in a cabin in the woods at Petit Jean State Park with Husband Boy. We had to make reservations a year ahead of time to get this cabin. I will not think about Rhinebeck while I'm there.

No comments: