Monday, June 13, 2005

The new spinning wheel did not get here this weekend. It was mailed Wednesday instead of Monday so it'll be here tomorrow. Its in Little Rock right now being held hostage by the brown men. (UPS) I am antsy.
National Knit In Public day was celebrated by knitting in a pizza parlor, a grocery store, and a book store/cafe.(In other words, going about my daily business haha) Unfortunately for you I didn't think to bring the camera with me, but rest assured a good time was had. The freakiest comment of my day was some little kid waaaay across the room from me in the pizza place saying loudly, "Hey she's sewing! She has needles!" and none of the adults correcting him or even seeming to pay attention to what he was on about. The Geek Sock and I were ever so slightly put out.
Other than turning the heel on the Geek Sock and a few pattern repeats on Bugging Out, I haven't accomplished doodley squat when it comes to the knitting this week. Speaking of Bugging Out, one pattern repeat takes me about 20-30 minutes if I don't get overconfident and screw it up. I think I have about ten more repeats to go before I finish. That's oh..about five hours. sheesh! I think I'm just going to try to do one repeat a day on it and be done in 10 days.
I wish my wheel would hurry up and get here.

No comments: