Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Let's Design A Sweater, OK?

I am thisclose to finishing the Noro Charlotte's Web Shawl and a My So-Called Scarf that you guys haven't even seen yet. So, What did I do last night? I worked on the Yarn Room cleaning, then became distracted by some bulky green yarn I forgot I had and started a raglan cardigan with it. What? Stop looking at me like that.
I'm up to the point where I need to decide if it's going to have buttons or a zipper and what I want it to look like when it's finished. I'm doing yarn over eyelet increases so I'm thinking maybe long-ish with a good size band of eyelet ribbing at the bottom and the cuffs and a two-way zipper. That sounds cool, right?
This yarn was originally purchased with the Loop-d-Loop Leaf Lace Pullover in mind, but I've seen that thing looking so bad on so many people who actually have shoulders or a chest that I've decided it would be too big of a pain in the ass to make it fit me and my boobage.
So anyway, this sweater will need a name. The yarn is Wool Ease Chunky and I'm even using a 6.5mm pink plastic Lion Brand circular needle I found under one of the yarn room tables so it's totally cheap. That needle isn't as horrible as I feared it would be either. The joins looked suspicious, but no snags so far. Let's see....we have cheap,leaf green, and bulky with eyelets...nothing springs to mind except salads and trailer parks.
Speaking of trailer parks, (and this is not knitting related so stop now if that's all you came for) Husband Boy is working in Searcy, AR this week, and his hotel is right next to the only Airstream dealer in the state. He called last night to tell me how he's going to go over there today and look at the new Bambi model without me. I told him to ask if they have any used ones.

No comments: