Monday, September 25, 2006

I'm Making Progress

Some squares I made for Grandmother Purl.


Actually, I had these mostly done. I just crocheted another round on each one so they'd meet the 8x8 size requirement. Who am I kidding? I'm never gonna make any more of these granny squares...not enough for an afghan for myself anyway.
I got a new camera this weekend, so I took the opportunity to take a progress pic of the Summer In Kansas shawl.

I'm 89% done. Really. I don't think I'm going to need all 4 balls of this yarn. I'm just now starting #2.

Today we went to the new Janet Huckabee Nature Center to take some pics with the new camera. I got some spiffy shots of flowers and things. You can see those on my flickr account if you're interested in extreme close-ups of spikey flowers. haha So anyway, in the hands-on kids room area I found this cool little frame with a weaving sample and some natural dye plants/examples. I wonder if they'd host a natural dye workshop there if I found someone to teach it?

If you click on that picture it'll take you to the big version and actually read all the labels. It's 1:30AM here now. I'm gonna go sleep.

No comments: