Monday, September 18, 2006

The One Where She Has To Knit It AGAIN

I didn't manage to finish the Klaralund sweater this weekend. I did manage to have to reknit the last three inches of the front THREE MORE TIMES. gah! I'd measure the stockinette part, measure the finished back, make sure they agreed then start the garter stitch part. Every damn time when I finished and held the front together with the back the front would be a couple inches longer. WTF??? Finally I broke down and just counted the damn rows. They match now. The parts are at home blocking on the yarn room floor, but probably won't be dry enough to sew up tonight because today is super damp and rainy. Oh well, I'm sick of touching it anyway.
Maybe I kept messing up because I was distracted by the new season of Amazing Race. That show literally makes me nervous and I get totally
caught up in it while it's on. I'm really glad the scary hillbilly couple from Kentucky didn't get Philiminated first. I don't think they'll win, but I want them to stay in the race as long as possible because they amuse me. I don't know if it's the accent or the bad teeth or the way she keeps nagging the crap out of him till I think he's gonna backhand her any minute, but they make me laugh. I'm betting on the ex-junkie models or the one legged triathalon girl & her leg repairman.

No comments: