Tonight I made this roving out of odds and ends of different dyed wool and I think maybe some silk and some sparkles I had laying around in the yarn room. I had about 2oz of that dark brown/black base color and just little bits of everything else. First I made two batts of the base color, then tore them in four strips and started layering them with the others. I made sure I separated the rest of the stuff into 4 piles too so that each batt would have a little of everything in it. I ended up with 4 single ounce batts that I pulled out into 4 big long roving strips. I think it's pretty nifty looking if I do say so myself.
This is the first little challenge I've thrown at the Strauch Petite. It gobbled up everything I threw in there with no problems at all. I'm really happy with it.