Sunday, December 17, 2006

Picture Time!

These pictures have been in the camera for a few days because I'm lazy. haha
Here is the first yarn spun and plied on the Victoria. I doubt I'll be using this wheel for plying in the future because I like really big fat skiens like I get with the S51. This went from two full 4oz bobbins of singles to three bobbins full after plying. Each skien is about 100 yards and roughly worsted weight. The turquoise is some Brown Sheep mill ends wool/mohair, and the rest is merino.
1st Victoria Yarn

Now some singles:
Odds & Ends Singles
That's the odds & ends batt/roving all spun into singles. I already plied it with some green thread, but I don't have a picture of that just yet.
This is some hand dyed Targhee. I need to finish up the second bobbin of this stuff soon. I is awesomely sproingy even as singles.
Pretty Singles

OK, now I have to show you guys what I got on Friday morning at WalMart. They have this awesome multicolor sewing thread. It is meant to be used in machine quilting, but it makes great thread to ply with. There are about 300 yards per spool.
Thread & Booze
The mini-booze is something that Steve won at the company xmas party. Mango Rum...it looks pretty, but I'm not drinking that.
The other cool things I found at Wally World are these iron-on patches.
Tattoo Flash Iron-On Patches
Click to see more detail if you want. I don't have anything planned to put these on, but I just couldn't pass them up. Wouldn't the birds be super cute sewn onto a baby sweater or some little jeans? I think the Lucky is gonna end up on my purse.

No comments: