Monday, November 27, 2006

Grumble Grumble Back To Work

I so did not want to get out of bed this morning. 5 days of sleeping till noon will do that to a person. I just have to hold on now till X-Mas brings me the possibility of another week off. It looks like last night's post was eaten by Blogger. In case it never shows up, yesterday was all about the lazy stuff. I had done all the dishes and laundry and sweeping and dusting and everything was ready for back to work/school, so I basicly sat around doing a whole lot of
nothing too productive all day. I messed around on the computer for a while, watched a couple movies while knitting on the black raglan sweater that will never be big enough, and then got out the spinning. I made it through another ounce or so of the yellow/blue/orange/sparkley stuff I bought on vacation this summer but I had to stop to watch Amazing Race. (I get to spinning too fast...that show makes me tense. haha) When that was over, I tried to start spinning again during Desperate Housewives, but the wheel kept making that damn noise again so I put it away. It was the Kromski Minstrel, and I've had this problem off and on since I got it. Something down there by the treadles makes a vibratey noise that I can feel in my foot. I need to take it apart and rub that metal rod that goes through the foot pedal parts with a silicone gun cleaning cloth thing. I think that will do the trick. Oil doesn't help for long. The weird thing is that if I put it away for a few days the next time I start spinning everything is peachy till about an hour or so into it when the vibration/noise starts up. Maybe it gets tired? I switched back to knitting on the sweater for the rest of the evening. I think it is time to try it on again. Last time I thought it was ready I needed at least another two inches in the chest and another inch or two on the arms before it looked like it'd be safe to split off the body. This is the Glampyre V-Neck by the way...it's one of those off and on projects that I just work on once in a while. I'm thinking I might actually finish it this winter if I don't get bored again and stuff it in a sack.

No comments: